It’s almost here! We’re so excited to see you in Saskatoon!
Want in? (Hurry! Ticket sales close March 2)
Make sure to:
- Download the Full Conference Itinerary!
- Select your top Hiebert’s Hotshop Creative Day workshops.
- Check out our Things to do in Saskatoon guide.
- Read on about our fantastic lineup of Speakers!
Craft is often described as an escape from the digital… an analog refuge from the screens and systems that rule our modern lives. At the same time, craft is breaking boundaries, inspiring advancements in tech and meshing with digital practices as it evolves our world. But can’t it be both? Craft sector stakeholders are invited to join us for two days of strategy development and to stay for the full-day public symposium exploring how society at large remains connected to, and inspired by, the realities of craft.
The Canadian Crafts Federation/Fédération canadienne des métiers d’art is pleased to partner with the Saskatchewan Craft Council and the University of Saskatchewan to bring our 14th National Conference, 10 Digit Technology: Understanding Material & Digital Realities, to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. From Wednesday, March 4th to Sunday, March 8th, 2020, this valuable gathering of craft sector leaders from around the country will focus on research, ideas, and brainstorming new approaches to the material and digital realities in craft. Attendees will leave feeling informed with an improved digital understanding, empowered to build their audience by increasing their reach, and inspired to advance maker culture for the urban, rural and online communities of craft. The conference is not about the tools and skills of digital craft creation – it focuses on the digital atmosphere that we all live and work within, and how craft remains an integral part of modern society.
Experience Saskatchewan throughout the conference with cultural tours and events in and around Saskatoon, including University of Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Craft Council Gallery, Hiebert’s Hotshop and more! Highlights will include:
- Kenojuak Ashevak: Life and Legacy at the College Art Gallery at the University of Saskatchewan, the inaugural venue to present the national touring exhibition
- The Picasso ceramics collection and world’s most comprehensive collection of Picasso linocuts at the Remai Modern, the new museum of modern and contemporary art in Saskatoon
- The Flower People, a collection of stories by Regina artist Melanie Monique Rose exhibiting at the Saskatchewan Craft Council Gallery
We are happy to be presenting this conference in partnership with the Saskatchewan Craft Council (SCC), University of Saskatchewan Art Galleries and Collection and the Remai Modern. Read on for more information from our Partners!
We have arranged a group rate of $124/night plus taxes at ALT Hotel Saskatoon.
Alt Hotel Saskatoon
480 2nd Avenue South, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Individual reservations can be made by the following 3 options:
- Book online here, using the Group’s designated link.
- Through the hotel’s website, www.althotels.com/en/saskatoon, using the Group Attendee Code: 200310DIGIT
- Directly through the hotel (1-833-258-4480), mentioning the Group Name / Block ID: CDN Craft Fed10 Digit Technology
Rooms can be reserved until Feb 17, 2020. After this date, the hotel reserves the right to release the rooms not reserved and all late reservation requests will be processed according to room and rate availability.
GUARANTEED ARRIVAL (INDIVIDUAL BASIS):
Confirmed reservations are only held until 4pm prior to arrival, unless the Hotel has previously received a deposit equal to the first night’s room, taxes and fees from the group or individual by credit card or letter of guarantee. If a member of the group does not check in and has not cancelled his/her reservation before 4pm prior to arrival, the group or individual will be charged for the first night.
Rooms are available from 3 p.m. on the arrival day and must be vacated by noon on departure day. Luggage storage can be arranged on both arrival and departure days. An additional night’s stay may be charged for rooms vacated after noon. There is no check out time at Alt Hotels on Sundays but we do ask that guests provide an approximate departure time upon arrival.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!