Désolé, cette description n’est disponible qu’en anglais.
Location: Canada (Remote)
Position Type: Volunteer
The CCF/FCMA is a Federation of organizations that works with Provincial and Territorial Craft Councils and affiliate organizations to unite, enrich, empower and celebrate the professional contemporary craft sector through collaborative action, networking, and community development.
- We unite Canadian professional craft organizations to learn, share, collaborate, and strengthen the sector.
- We create and deliver programming and research that informs, engages, empowers, and celebrates the professional craft sector.
- We identify and act on craft-based projects and collaborations that have regional, national, and international impact.
- We actively pursue and develop meaningful relationships with organizations, institutions, and government agencies committed to advancing the craft sector.
- We advocate for craft from a national perspective.
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Volunteer Treasurer to join our organization. As the Volunteer Treasurer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our organization’s financial health and sustainability, sitting on both the Board of Directors and the Executive Board. This remote volunteer position offers a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the Craft community in Canada.
1. Financial Management
- Manage the organization’s financial activities, including budgeting, accounting, and reporting.
- Oversee financial transactions, ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial regulations and best practices.
2. Budget Development:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to create annual budgets that align with the organization’s strategic goals and mission.
- Monitor and report on budget variances, making recommendations for adjustments as needed.
3. Financial Reporting
- Prepare financial statements and reports in collaboration with the Executive Director to present to the Board of Directors and/or Executive monthly
- Provide financial updates to the organization’s leadership to support decision-making.
4. Banking and Cash Management
- Ensure the safe and secure handling of financial assets, including investments and reserves.
5. Audit and Compliance
- Facilitate and coordinate annual financial audits, working closely with executive director external auditors.
- Ensure the organization complies with all financial and legal regulations, including tax filing requirements.
6. Financial Planning
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support long-term sustainability and growth.
- Explore opportunities for revenue generation and cost-saving strategies.
7. Donor and Grant Management
- Assist with tracking donations and grants, ensuring accurate records and acknowledgments.
- Collaborate with the fundraising team to support grant applications and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of financial management and accounting principles.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in financial record-keeping.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with non-profit financial regulations and reporting is a plus.
- Previous experience as a treasurer or financial role in a non-profit organization is desirable.
This is a volunteer position, and the time commitment may vary based on the organization’s needs and your availability. We anticipate an average of 5 hours per week, with additional time during the annual audit period.
How to Apply
Are you passionate about Craft and well-versed in finances? If so, we invite you to join us in making a difference in the Canadian Craft community. We are looking for someone like you who can help our organization thrive.
Take advantage of this opportunity to make an impact and contribute to the growth of the Canadian Craft community. Submit your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your skills and experience to [email protected]. Your financial expertise can help shape the future of Craft in Canada, and we want you to be part of it.