Does your organization feature, promote, and support the work of contemporary craft artists in Canada? Do you value the cultural and economic contributions craft makes as part of our national economy? Do you value the opportunity to network with craft organizations working towards similar goals? Join today!
Craft Council Members
Craft Council Members make up the bulk of our membership. This includes the recognized provincial or territorial organizations that represent specific regions of the craft community across Canada. Geographically, they form the main ties that shape our national network, but more importantly, they represent the craft community of their region on the national stage. Historically and currently, this collaboration of allies has worked together to form a strong, national voice for craft.
The CCF/FCMA works closely with our Affiliate Members, including organizations, institutions, and associations related to Canadian contemporary fine craft. Any organization with the goal of growing and advancing excellence in the field is welcome to apply, including educational institutions, guilds, museums, galleries, collectives, foundations, etc. These organizations have incredible perspectives and experience to share, expanding the CCF/FCMA’s capacity to represent the many aspects of the national craft field.
Affiliate Membership is $250/year. Benefits include:
- membership in a national community of craft professionals, with the opportunity to network, share information and learn together
- the ability to influence national directions and collaborative projects
- our bi-weekly e-newsletter, sharing news from the craft and cultural community, including information about craft events, exhibitions, research, resources and opportunities
- access to advocacy information and the opportunity to support national craft advocacy actions
- a profile for your organization on the citizensofcraft.ca website
- participation in issue-specific meetings to share perspectives on common strategies (e.g. craft retail, communications, etc.)
- access to CCF/FCMA consultation services to support project and strategic planning, organizational development, and professional development
- reduced conference fees and the CCF/FCMA Annual National Conference
- the right to nominate candidates for the CCF/FCMA’s Robert Jekyll Award for Leadership in Craft
- your voice included in national craft discussion and debates
Organizations interested in applying for Affiliate Membership can contact us directly at email@example.com.
Robert Jekyll, Ontario
Charles Lewton-Brain, Alberta
Jean Johnson, Ontario
Marilyn Stothers, Manitoba
Simon Wroot, Alberta
Jane Kenyon, British Columbia
Deborah Dumka, British Columbia
Ann Roberts, Ontario